Help Me Grow System Evaluation
The Help Me Grow National Center (HMG National) conducts an annual evaluation called the HMG National Common Indicators. This evaluation process is comprised by each HMG membership state submitting data that was collected from calls to the state’s HMG centralized access point, community outreach efforts, and physician outreach throughout the past calendar year. This report of nationwide aggregated data is expected to demonstrate the impact of HMG and aid both HMG National and affiliates with their advocacy and sustainability efforts at the state and national level.
For each annual HMG National Common Indicator Evaluation, HMG affiliates report the following:
Help Me Grow National Common Indicators
1. Help Me Grow Demographics
- Number of children entered into client tracking system (unduplicated count per calendar year)
- Who initially contacted Help Me Grow on behalf of the child?
- Age of child at time of initial entry (Includes prenatal as an age)?
- Ethnicity of the child?
- How did the initial caller learn about Help Me Grow?
- What state does the child live in?
2. Nature of Presenting Issues
- Number by type of presenting issues/concerns.
- Number of children entered in client tracking system for linkage to services as a result of developmental screening.
3. Referrals by Help Me Grow to Service/Programs
- Top five types of services to which referrals were made.
- Top five service/program gaps (service/program gap means a service/program does not exist to address the need).
- Top five barriers that keep children from receiving a service/program that does exist.
4. Help Me Grow Outcomes
- Total number of children successfully connected to at least one service.
- Total number of children referred for services and are pending the start date.
In addition to the HMG National Common Indicators, many state affiliates conduct additional data to support their state-level evaluation efforts.
2014 HMG National Common Indicator Results
Report consists of data for 12 HMG affiliate states
- 31,022 children went through HMG
- Callers most commonly learned about HMG through:
- United Way 2-1-1
- Community agencies
- They were a previous caller
- Early care/education provider
- Health care provider
- Community developmental screening projects
- The top 5 presenting issues were
- Developmental concern
- General development