The Help Me Grow National Center: Mission
The mission of the Help Me Grow National Center is to enable and support the building of HMG systems across the country so that states can implement effective, universal, early surveillance and screening for all children and link those at risk for developmental and behavioral problems to appropriate programs and services.
HMG National supports affiliate states by:
- Promoting development and expansion of a national network of states that are building HMG systems
- Providing technical assistance to help states implement the core components and structural requirements of HMG
- Informing the public discourse on the crucial importance of optimal child development
Ultimately, HMG National's goal is for all families to have knowledge of and easy access to statewide systems that support them in learning about their children's developmental needs and finding appropriate services.
The Help Me Grow National Center: Vision
The National Center envisions a future in which all states have comprehensive HMG systems in place so that:
- Families have knowledge of and easy access to a statewide system that supports them in learning about their children's developmental needs and connecting to appropriate services
- Child health care, early care and education, and human service providers have the knowledge, skills, and resources to identify children at risk for developmental and behavioral problems early and can partner effectively with families to promote children's healthy development
- Public officials and other key stakeholders understand the gaps in available support and services and know how best to ensure adequate capacity to meet the needs of children and families
The National Center is able to provide technical assistance in the building, sustaining, and continuous improvement of HMG systems for any states that need it, and is a recognized leader in the promotion of optimal child development.